Dim Sum

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

At work again...

I'm just super tired....not to sure why, my brain shut off about 1 hr ago! So, no more thinking for me, hope everything will go smoothly till the end of the night.

Last night, before we ended our shift, the unit got a phone call from a caregiver saying that one of our patients died earlier that night =( SAD! I've had patients die before but usually they've been REALLY REALLY sick and so we kind of expected it, but this was unexpected (though he was not super healthy)...anyways, it seemed to hit me harder than all the other deaths. He was such a nice man, always had good conversations with him...I remember the last conversation I had with him (last friday)... first it was about food, but then we kind of moved towards talking about churches for a bit ... anyways, I had casually invited him to the church if he was ever in Chinatown (something I don't normally say to patients - kinda don't wanna cross the "patient/nurse relationship" line....) ... so anywho, i'm just thinking lots about life and death, thinking about all those I know who aren't saved; wondering about opportunities in my life where God can be present, you know... just thinking lots ...

1 Comments:

Blogger b-jo said...

I admire you Ling. You have a great heart and it's beautiful. So proud of you...I can never do what you do. Praise God! Love ya.

Mon Sep 11, 10:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home